Do you own iPhone or iPad but clueless on how to jailbreak these devices? You might ask why do you need to jailbreak them when it is working perfectly in the first place? Jailbreaking iPhone or any other iOS device comes with additional benefits, as well as disadvantages.
As a caution before you proceed to jailbreak your device, let me warn you about the disadvantages of jailbreaking iOS or any other similar devices:
Now, that you’re aware of the disadvantages of jailbreaking, let me provide you with the benefits of jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad:
I hope that you have understood well the advantages and the disadvantages of jailbreaking your iOS device. Now, let’s proceed to the actual content of the article.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered with Redsnow 0.9.7 b4
Its because tethered jailbreaks are frustrating. They require a computer connection to boot a jailbroken iOS device whenever your iPhone or iPod touch reboots or the battery dies.
The following is a step by step guide for the untethered Jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.7 beta 4.
1. To begin, restore your iPhone to iOS 4.2.1 firmware and jailbreak your device by following the instructions given here.
2. This untethered jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.7 b4 depends on the SHSH blobs saved for the 4.2b3 (iOS 4.2 Beta 3) firmware. To check this,start Cydia and wait for the main page to load. If you have the SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 Beta 3, you will see “SHSH: 4.2b3” in the status.
3. Now download Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 and connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to your computer.
4. This is a beta release, so you must have usbmuxd in your computer. You can download it from here. Once you download it, extract it to yourcomputer and start terminal in python-client directory and then type in the following commands:
chmod +x tcprelay.py
./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222
5. Start the downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.7b4 and point it to the official iOS 4.2.1 .IPSW file.
6. In the next page, select “Jailbreak Monte” option, which untethers your iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak and then point it to iOS 4.2 beta 3 firmware.
7. Before continue to the next step, make sure your iOS device is switched OFF and Plugged in to your computer.
8. Now put your iOS device in the DFU Mode using the Redsn0w instructions shown on the screen.
9. Now sit back and relax while Redsnow 0.9.7b4 takes care of the rest. Once the process is over, you will have your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch fully jailbroken (Untethered) on the latest iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
Author: Sathiya seelan